At Danbury Pre-School we aim to:
• To provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment
• To provide high quality care and education for pre-school children
• To work within a framework which ensures equality of opportunity and values diversity for all children and their families
• To follow the Early Years Foundation Stage
• To work in partnership with parents to help children learn and develop and add to the well being of our community.
We offer care and education to children aged between 2 and 5 years of age.
Pre-School is open from 9.00am until 3.00pm every day during normal school term times. Your child can attend either morning sessions, afternoon sessions or a full pre-school day of 9.00am to 3.00pm. Younger children usually attend the morning sessions with older children attending the more structured afternoon sessions, particularly in the year before they begin primary school as these sessions are designed to encourage them to socialise with their peers, partake in team games, taking turns, develop more independence, and to extend their listening, literacy and concentration skills. It will also give the children more challenging activities which are adult directed in preparation for school life. Read more about session times . Sessions and Fees
Once your child is established at Pre-School, if a session is not full, a “pay and play” place can be offered on a first come first served basis.
Since January 2011 we have been running a Breakfast and After School Club during normal school term times for children aged 3 to 11 years before school and 4 to 11 years after school for the children of St John’s school.